Friday, July 1, 2011

Trying to Draw the Right Perspective of Tattoos

My last two watercolor projects were a bit more difficult than usual. I decided I wanted to do a watercolor series of women with tattoos. I didn't realize how hard it would be to draw images that looked as if they realistically flowed with the natural dips and curves of the human body. I in no way perfected it, but I personally think I got it close enough to pass off as being abstract.


Tattoo by ~SarahSlam on deviantART

Tree Tattoo by ~SarahSlam on deviantART

My main focus with my recent art is to draw most of the attention to the eyes, which I believe I was still able to capture with the above artworks...
I'm now working on a new drawing of a woman with a full chest piece and it's much harder than I imagined it would be. I ignorantly thought it would be easy but the curves of the collarbone and the roundness of the chest in general are really hard to convey.
But, I will keep working on it until I am at least abstractly satisfied. haha.
I'll post the finished product soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment