Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I'm Back! From Outer Space!

Sorry it's been awhile since I posted last. I've had so many things going on like....
I'M GOING TO SHOWCASE MY ART IN A VENUE ON 6TH ST OF AUSTIN
Flippin rad right?!?
It's just a one night event, on Aug 18th, not that I'm trying to degrade how awesome of an opportunity it is for me :D
I only have a buhjillion things I need to get done in a month before the art event....

And the most important of all those things is to create more art to showcase.
Recently, I have been introduced to the lovely Masking Fluid and I just can't get enough of her. lol

Humility by ~SarahSlam on deviant

I created those white spaces by painting lines with masking fluid and then adding color to the art after the masking fluid dried. Then after the watercolor paint dried, I carefully peeled off the lines of dried masking fluid. Masking fluid dries like stretchy rubber, protects the paper underneath it from any paint(meaning you can paint right over it and you don't have to worry about it seeping through) and it's really easy to peel off
(It reminds me of the glue-goop type substance that is used to close flyers and brochures that I peel off and immaturely throw at something hoping it sticks. haha .)


ART
Fearless by ~SarahSlam on deviantART

I really love how the watercolors flow together in lines and blend so awesomely. So if you like this new style I got going on, you can bet to see more of it soon.

3 comments:

  1. Art show? thats awesome! youre stuff is looking good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much. Yes, my first art event to ever display my art with many other very talented artists. I'm really really excited/nervous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im sure you'll do fine :)I wish I could go. it sounds fun

    ReplyDelete