Thursday, November 3, 2011

Crochet Crazy - Dog Sweaters!!

Cold days are finally pushing their way through Texas, giving some much needed relief after a sweltering summer of more than 70 days of triple digit heat! I actually don't want to throw a temper tantrum every time I see the weather forecast anymore! There are days that are actually under 80!! But, it's finally dropping to 60F and below, so it's definitely sweater time!!

The chilly air got me inspired to crochet my dog a new sweater! Luckily (for me, not her) Tootsie was a winter baby so before I even got to have her I was already crocheting her some super fab sweaters!!! The first two sweaters I ever made for her were so adorable. One was colorful and fun with a cute little frilly skirt and the second was black with a fuzzy white trim hood!



Look how effin cute she was!!!! SO adorable. She's still a beautiful dog, but man nothing warms a heart like those cute round puppy eyes and tiny little paws!! hehe :D <3 I tell ya, one thing I sure don't miss is all those little accidents in the house. O.o




A year later and Tootsie is a much bigger creature. Although I wish I could pull out those old cute sweaters, unfortunately her head wouldn't even fit through it.


So, this year I decided to make her a "chic" sweater, or I atleast tried to.
(Don't be fooled by her melancholy look. She's super spoiled!)

I'm by no means a fashionista, nor am I even aware what fashion is, but I tried. I wanted the hood to be full instead of the traditional half circle type hood. Make sense? The hood is wide enough to be rolled back onto her shoulders, creating a super cute collar. The skirt I went for a more subtle wave other than the tight frills of her older sweaters.

She looks so cute in it!!! I love it on her!

Here's another sweater I made for her. I wanted to make her a Cheshire cat costume for Halloween but I was overly ambitious to think I could get it all done, start to finish, on Halloween day! So instead, she just has a cute striped sweater!!





And finally, here is my creative, overly dramatic interpretation of how embarrassed she would be if pups really did care about such things as home made crocheted sweaters made by momma!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, cold days are here and we must take care of our dogs! They must feel comfortable all winter and these dog sweaters are a great idea! I'm happy that I can find all kinds of cute dog clothing and to dress them up very chic :D You have so adorable dogs and I love the purple sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Rosa!! My puppy use to not like sweaters so much until she realized that the sweater is what kept her from trembling with chills. hehe.

    ReplyDelete