Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Pen Art Collection: The Girl and Her Beast




This is a collection of three pen artworks created by ME :D. Its meaning is up to be interpreted into any message that a person feels when he or she sees it.

I don't really get too fancy with the pens I use. Usually I draw with a black Pilot Precise V5 needle rollerball pen. Sounds a bit fancy but it can be found at any main retailer in the school supply section.

But after a couple of years of using this pen and countless times of being frustrated with smearing the slow drying ink, I switched to using Sharpie Pen. The Sharpie pen's ink drys almost instantly so I don't have to worry about any random movements I make with my wrist...
I can say some of the integrity and gritty artsy fartsy-ness the V5 pen was able to produce doesn't really come out in the Sharpie Pen. Instead, the Sharpie gives it more of a non-messy kinda look.
Really I think it's all about someone's personal preference. I've seen some great artwork done with a Bic pen. So all power to saving money. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment