Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Sugar Ants love Watercolors too!!!


Beware!
Sugar ants love Prang brand watercolors!

Recently sugar ants have taken over my craft area. They aren't in my kitchen that I usually leave less than spotless. They haven't infested my livingroom that has now become a combination of my diningroom/bedroom/collection for all Styrofoam cups with leftover sugary drinks and misc crumbs from previous meals. No, theses little black critters only want one thing, my best watercolors!!!! They don't bother with the Crayola brand watercolors, just my Prang!

I have no idea why sugar ants would be so attracted to the paint, but it's fun to squish them and see all the different colors smear out of their tiny little bodies. Muahahah!


I made a water/bleach solution and have been spraying their trails and every little gathering area of theirs. But they keep coming back. So, Mr. Prang has been sealed up tight in a zip-lock bag and tomorrow I shall buy weapons of mass ant destruction!
The Ant Apocalypse is coming....

2 comments:

  1. I've been having the same problem. That's a good idea about that ziploc bag. I think I'll be using one too. And they don't only attack my Prang, they also congregate around the bottle I use for cleaning my brushes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same problem with my coliro watercolors.

    ReplyDelete